College of Education
The Bachelor of Elementary Education (BEEd) is an undergraduate teacher education degree program designed to prepare individuals intending to teach in the elementary level.
The Bachelor of Special Needs Education (BSNEd) Generalist is an undergraduate degree program designed to prepare teachers who will teach and manage students with additional needs in inclusive and segregated educational settings.
The BS Biology program is structured as a general framework of study with the end view of grounding students with the fundamental concepts, principles, and theories of the biological, natural and physical sciences and the conduct of research. This includes the aquisation of appropriate skills, and training in the efficient processing and presentation of information in both written and oral form.
The Bachelor of Physical Education (BPED) is a four-year degree program aimed at equipping graduates with the competencies to meet the psychomotor, cognitive and affective needs of learners. Graduates of this program may work as Physical Education teacher in Basic Education, Dance and Sports Club Moderator, and School-based Sports Program and Events Moderator/Coordinator.
The Bachelor of Technology and Livelihood Education (BTLEd) major in Home Economics is a four-year degree program. It equips learners with adequate and relevant competencies in the area of Technology and Livelihood Education, particularly for the TLE exploratory courses from Grades 4 to 8.
The BSED major in English program is an undergraduate teacher education program designed to equip learners with adequate and relevant competencies to enable them to teach English in the secondary level.
The BS Information Technology program includes the study of the utilization of both hardware and software technologies involving planing, installing, customizing, operating, managing, administering, and maintaining information infrastructure that provides computing solution to addess the needs of an organization. The program prepares graduate to addess various user needs involving the selection, development, application, integration and management of computing technologies within an organization.
BSSW is a four-year degree program geared towards the preparation of students for generalist social work practice focused on enhancing the social functioning of individuals, families, groups and communities.
JOYCE M. MAGTOLIS, Ph.D.
Dean, College of Education
Elementary Education Faculty Members
- Ma. Rebecca A. Abayan
- Jocelyn R. Bayrante, MA
- Irish D. Brazas
- Maria Lina Cipriano
- Maria Tersa L. Delima
- Janet P. Espada, PhD
- Ma. Venus G. Estojero, MAED
- Lina G. Fabian, (Dean, COE) EdD
- Ethel P. Marcellano
- Ronald E. Mocorro (Study Leave)
- Apple Jane T. Molabola, MAPELEM
- Voltaire Oyzon, DALT
- Anjelyn F. Parado
- Lorena M. Ripalda (Program Head)
- Jose Ismael S. Salamia (Study Leave)
- Alma Sonia Q. Sanchez-Danday, PhD (Coordinator, BECED)
- Mary Anne C. Sedanza, ME
- Thea A. Ticoy, MAPELEM
- Irish Brasas (Coordinator, BSNED)
Secondary Education Faculty Members
- Rhona May G. Balitong, MAED
- Nicefero P. Casaus, MAED
- Marife N. Daga, EdD
- Luis Lorenzo B. Domingo, EdD
- Cristina N. Estolano, PhD
- Tyrone O. Gil Jr., MAT
- Rufo A. Labarette, PhD
- Joyce M. Magtolis, PhD
- Kaye O. Margallo, MAT
- Leenard Niño O. Mateo, MM
- Melba N. Navarra, MA
- Joderic C. Navarette, PhD
- Elizabeth M. Quimbo, PhD
- Ma. Lourdes G. Tan, EdD
- Jocylen A. Tiopes, PhD
- Michael Dell A. Tuazon, PhD
- Luis Luigi Eugenio A. Valencia, PhD
- Orlando P. Vinculado Jr., PhD
- Perlita M. Vivero, PhD
- Mr. Marvin Quayzon (Coordinator, BSED-Math)
- Mr. Bryan Joseph Matillano (Coordinator, BSED-Science)
- Dr. Victoria Y. Rojas (Coordinator, BSED-Filipino)
- Dr. Elizabeth Quimbo (Coordinator, BSED-Soc Stud. & Values Ed.)
- Dr. Maricris Loso (Coordinator, BTLED)
- Marie Toni Aboy
- Regine D. Berlas
- Christopher Gambito, MBA
- Maria Jesusa O. Silvano, MAED
- Ms. Marisol C. Abanilla, M.M, Mus. Ed.
- Prof. Rulf Alcober
- Prof. Jerauld M. Lirios, Ed.D.
- Prof. Jay P. Mabini
- Prof. Rogelio Negros Jr., MAT-LANG
- Prof. Raul R. Novillo
- Prof. Beinvenido Roncal Jr. (On-Study Leave)
- Mr. Gilbert William C. Salazar, MAEd-MAHPE
- Ms. Maricar Tegero, MA PE
- Romyr L. Gabon
- Mr. Jay P. Mabini (Coordinator)
- Ms. Christine Anne Juntilla
- Ms. Novette R. Madera
Phone: +63 (53) 832 3205
Address: P. Paterno St., Tacloban City 6500
Copyright © 2023 Leyte Normal University. All Rights Reserved