Relationships to Support SDGLNU partnered with UNESCO, UN WMO, UNWCC, the British Council the Philippines, Department of Health, the Department of Social Work, Local and Municipal Government Units and other instrumentalities of government, development councils, and Indigenous communities to provide inputs to address the attainment of SDGs.
The university fostered cross-sectoral dialogues on SDGs through collaboration with other universities, conduct of conferences, workshops and fora, outreach programs, internationalization activities, and strategic foresight. All projects and activities partnered with multi-sectoral agencies geared towards community resiliency, quality, and sustainable education for the benefit of society.
Moreover, LNU is engaged in development process (data intake, problematization and interventions) with international partners such as universities and the UN Organizations. Likewise, the university engaged with the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) for the Development of the Water and Climate youth Development Plan and Agenda for the UN Water Conference in March 2023 and participated in the UNFCCC Conference of Parties in Egypt. For the university, this data helps in crafting localized university level interventions to attain SDGs.
LNU as engaged in research, and development process with international partners such as universities and the UN Organizations, implements best practices for SDGs through outreach programs.
Project and Activities Supporting SDGs
Policy Development with Governmental and Non-Governmental Organizations
- Tambulig LNU
- Teachers as Frontliners
- Relief Packs to Mamanwa
- Water System Project for
the Mamanwa Tribe
- PITAD Project
- Gender and Development
on Education for Sustainability
- First SUC to get the SUC
Seal in Tacloban City
- Empowering Communities through
Tilapia Growing and Management
- Empowering Young Minds: A
Proposed Daycare Reading Program
for Firefighters’ Children.
- LGU Partnership
- Meeting with Basey Tourism Development Office
- Needs Assessment for Community Project
- Partnership with Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- SalikLakbay Mapping Immersion
- Fisherfolk Livelihood Intervention
- International Webinar
on Education for Sustainability in the
Post Pandemic Era
- Renewed Linkage with University of Siliwangi
- IMRC 2022
- State Funding of Research in the
Philippines: Processes and
- Membership to International Network of Education Institutions (INTEI)
- ACT-IHE Grantee
- Linkage with Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia
- Conducting a workshop to
operationalize the Policies,
Programs, Projects, and Activities
for the YDPA.
- Representation in the COP27 as Research Consultant to the crafting of the
Water and Climate Youth
Development Plan and Agenda.
- Membership to UNESCO
- International Research Collaborations with Authors from Middle to Low Income Countries
Collaboration with NGOs
- Participation in the SEAMEO Schools’ Network
- Research Consultancy Representation in the World Meteorological Organization of the United Nations
Leyte Normal University ensures students in meaningful education revolving around SDGs explicated in its policies. It embeds in its courses concepts, issues of SDGs and the mechanisms to achieve it.
The University has organized different outreach educational activities directed toward helping its stakeholders in the community involving alumni, residents, and displaced indigenous people.